The purpose of this module is to provide you with knowledge, skills, and an understanding of the urgency of ensuring that biosafety and biosecurity procedures are established and observed for a safe and secure work environment.
Target Audience: All healthcare workers (Laboratory practitioners, clinicians, veterinarians, nurses, pharmacists, public health offcers, records personnel) and any other relevant stakeholder or offcer.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this module, participants will be able to:
• Defne key terms in bio-risk management.
• Describe different types of hazards.
• Outline elements of bio-risk management- Assessment Mitigation Performance (AMP) model.
• Describe steps in bio-risk assessment: identifcation of the hazard, characterization and evaluation of bio-risk.
• Identify the fve categories of mitigation measures for controlling biological risks.
• Describe Bio-risk Performance.